Reviewing procedure in POLISH TECHNICAL REVIEW
1) If the scientific article fits the journal’s scope, the Editor-in-Chief appoints two Reviewers of recognized competence within the field of research, preferably with professor or postdoctoral degree. The reviewers must: − deliver an objective, independent opinion, − ensure no conflict of interests – they should have no personal relationships or business relations with Authors, − keep any information regarding the content and opinion confidential.
2) When the Reviewers are chosen, the Editor-in-Chief sends them a written offer with either a short description or an abstract of the article, defines range of reviews and sets a deadline.
3) If the Reviewers accept the offer, the Editorial Board provides them with a full version of the article and an obligatory peer review report.
4) Reviewers’ personal details are classified and they can be declassified only at the Author’s request and with the reviewer’s permission in case the review is negative or the article contains arguable elements. Once a year, the Editorial Board publishes in its journal the full list of the Reviewers cooperating with the journal.
5) Once the review process is complete, the Reviewer delivers electronic version of the review by e-mail and the Assistant Editor: − informs the Author that the review has been submitted to the journal (when the reviewer states that the article does not require corrections or it requires only minor editorial corrections), − forwards the review with critical comments to the Author, who is encouraged to make corrections suggested by the reviewer. If the Author disagrees with certain remarks, he/she is under obligation to prepare response letter substantiating his position. − sends the revised article to the Reviewer again, if the Reviewer finds it necessary.
6) The Editorial Board makes the final decision about publishing the article based on analysis of the review and the revised version of the article that the Author has resubmitted.
7) If one of the reviews is negative, the Editor-in-Chief makes decision about rejection of the article or invites an additional reviewer so as to get an extra opinion before making a decision. When both reviews are negative, the Editor-in-Chief rejects the article.
8) The final version of the article (after making up) is sent to the Author.
9) Non-scientific articles do not need to be reviewed and they are accepted for publication by the Editor-in-Chief.